Deep Tissue Massage helps with chronic muscular pain and injury rehabilitation and reduces inflammation-related pain caused by arthritis and tendinitis. It is the manipulation of deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques, to:
- Enhance function
- Aid in the healing process
- Decrease muscle reflex activity
- Inhibit motor-neuron excitability
Remedial massage is focused upon both consultation and treatment. In the sports world remedial massage is used proactively to prevent injury. A thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology means that the source of pain can be pin-pointed and then treated appropriately.
Key benefits of remedial massage include:
- Stimulation to the blood supply allowing toxins in the muscles to be removed
- Improvement to the health of the cells and the repairing of tissues
- Calming of the peripheral nervous system to ease pain and discomfort
- Toning and relaxing of muscles to improve joint mobility, easing stiffness and tension.
Sports massage is not limited to athletes! It is beneficial for anyone who seeks a rapid result. Sports massage therapy combines remedial, general and deep tissue manipulation with various forms of stretching techniques to improve muscle health and performance. The treatment is direct and results are experienced quite quickly. It is a very safe, non-invasive therapy.
Beneficial in the treatment of:
- Sports injury and strain
- Dance injury and strain
- Post-operative trauma
- Constipation and Lymphatic conditions
- Frozen shoulder
- Muscular cramps
- Muscular atrophy
Tailored Massage Therapy Programs
A personalised massage therapy program can be tailored to your specific needs.
Great for athletes of any age, whether you are a professional athlete or dancer, training for a competition or event, a regular gym goer, work in an area that has great demands on your body, are pregnant, have a chronic condition or require a rehabilitation or maintenance plan, or have an avid leisure physical activity or interest such as walking or hiking.
These programs help you achieve and maintain optimal fitness and performance taking into consideration:
- Your type of physical activity
- The level of activity
- Your activity regime – training, competition cycle
- Your goals
- Your physical history and any areas of strength and weakness
- Your time and budget restrictions
The benefits are far-reaching and should not be underestimated. Overall it reduces the risk of injury and speeds up recovery times.
For example, the below plan would suit an athlete, sportsperson;
- Pre Event – One or two days before competition.
The aim is to enhance muscular tone and flexibility.
- Post Event – One or two days after competition.
The aim is to create a prolonged state of reduced muscular tension and to reduce the delayed onset muscle soreness.
- Training and Conditioning – Ongoing basis
The aim is to help the athlete train more consistently without injury.
- Restoration and Rehabilitation
The aim is to help an acute problem, or keep a chronic problem from becoming acute. Proper rehabilitation helps athletes to be able to return to the game more quickly and with less discomfort.
Pre-Natal Massage is an integrated therapeutic bodywork that focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be, which in turn nurtures the new life that grows within her.
A woman’s body is challenged, changed and stressed in many different ways associated with fertility treatment, as well as the various phases of pregnancy through to the childbearing experience and also post-natal.
Massage therapy can reduce discomforts and enhance physiological and emotional wellbeing. Studies have demonstrated that massage reduces stress hormones in the body. Massage therapy is beneficial for both mother and baby.